- I am a long way from home, standing at the summit of Cheonwangbong (1915m), the highest mountain on the mainland of South Korea. Home is Oslo, the capital of Norway, ...more
- It finally happened. On December 18th of last year (2014), IKEA opened its first store in South Korea in the city of Gwangmyeong after years of rumors and long awaited ...more
- To those who aren’t familiar with Chinese characters, the Chinese Yuan, Korean Won, Japanese Yen and even the Hong Kong Dollar may all seem to be different currency units. This ...more
- When you hear the word KIA, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? It is IKEA (the Swedish furniture company)? Is it tennis? Super Bowl commercials? What about affordable ...more
- Just because you know how to sing all the latest K-pop hits doesn’t mean Korea is the place for you.
When in Rome Korea, do as the Romans Koreans do.
Moving to ...more
- A Winter’s Night
A Korean Poem by Park, Yong-Rae (1925-1980)
On a sleepless night, snow fell upon my hometown’s garlic-field.
On a sleepless night, moon-light fell upon my hometown's house-roof-edge.
A home far away ...more
- In 1987, my wife and I bought a hanok in Seoul’s Gahoe-dong district which has been our home ever since. Living in a hanok brings an understanding of many of ...more
- Some of us come from Fragrant Blue or Strong Fruit. Maybe you’ve traveled to Meaningful Big Advantage and can’t wait to visit Ink West Brother. Not sure where you’re from? ...more
- Designed and built with an uninterrupted high-wall stone fortress encircling the entire city, Seoul during the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) had 8 city entrance gates which opened in the morning and ...more
Well known amongst Koreans for the words written on his tombstone, Homer B. Hulbert (1863-1949) was the famous American who said, “I would rather be buried in Korea than in ...more
Are you thinking about eating out tonight at a fancy Chinese restaurant? Well, what brand of beer are you considering to order? Do you feel a Chinese brand beer will ...more
- Our contributor, Mr. Seokbum Kim, is having a photo exhibition at the Hanwon Museum of Art between December 14 (Sunday), 2014 until January 16 (Friday), 2015. Below is a selection of his ...more
- A few phrases - 10 of them - on how to maintain a good and healthy life-style, were created by a famous 16th century Korean Scholar. Without having had any ...more
© 2015 Kievalo CorporationAll rights reserved