- It finally happened. On December 18th of last year (2014), IKEA opened its first store in South Korea in the city of Gwangmyeong after years of rumors and long awaited ...more
- To those who aren’t familiar with Chinese characters, the Chinese Yuan, Korean Won, Japanese Yen and even the Hong Kong Dollar may all seem to be different currency units. This ...more
- In 1987, my wife and I bought a hanok in Seoul’s Gahoe-dong district which has been our home ever since. Living in a hanok brings an understanding of many of ...more
Are you thinking about eating out tonight at a fancy Chinese restaurant? Well, what brand of beer are you considering to order? Do you feel a Chinese brand beer will ...more
Where should I sit? Who starts eating first?
Which part of the fish is considered the best?
How can I show respect when toasting with others?
Let us help you make sense of ...more
- It’s often said that South Korea is an “export-led” or “export-driven” economy. But what does this exactly mean? In other words, what makes people say such a thing to describe ...more
- Did you know that the term “Middle East” is a misnomer? What came to designate, in the popular press and the mass media, the region spanning from the Eastern coast of ...more
- According to 2011 statistics, the greatest number of international students studying in China came from South Korea with a total of 62,442 students. Next on the list was the United ...more
- Here are four things that you can let go of that will make you a happier, more peaceful person by the time you hit the sack tonight:
1) LET GO OF ...more
- In just a few days, I'll have been living and working in the Netherlands for 8 months, with the hope of continuing for at least another few years. This is ...more
- With a 5000 year old history and sporting the forth largest economy in Asia with over $1.130 trillion USD GDP in 2012, Korea has emerged as a global power-house on ...more
- Taking a cab in country where you don’t speak the local language can be, at first, both a frightening and frustrating experience. This is usually because of a combination of ...more
Don't be afraid of making mistakes. Not knowing terms of references used by your VC's, board of directors or anyone in your circle. You're not meant to know everything, ...more
© 2015 Kievalo CorporationAll rights reserved