- It finally happened. On December 18th of last year (2014), IKEA opened its first store in South Korea in the city of Gwangmyeong after years of rumors and long awaited ...more
- To those who aren’t familiar with Chinese characters, the Chinese Yuan, Korean Won, Japanese Yen and even the Hong Kong Dollar may all seem to be different currency units. This ...more
- Just because you know how to sing all the latest K-pop hits doesn’t mean Korea is the place for you.
When in Rome Korea, do as the Romans Koreans do.
Moving to ...more
- A Winter’s Night
A Korean Poem by Park, Yong-Rae (1925-1980)
On a sleepless night, snow fell upon my hometown’s garlic-field.
On a sleepless night, moon-light fell upon my hometown's house-roof-edge.
A home far away ...more
- In 1987, my wife and I bought a hanok in Seoul’s Gahoe-dong district which has been our home ever since. Living in a hanok brings an understanding of many of ...more
- Some of us come from Fragrant Blue or Strong Fruit. Maybe you’ve traveled to Meaningful Big Advantage and can’t wait to visit Ink West Brother. Not sure where you’re from? ...more
- Designed and built with an uninterrupted high-wall stone fortress encircling the entire city, Seoul during the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910) had 8 city entrance gates which opened in the morning and ...more
Are you thinking about eating out tonight at a fancy Chinese restaurant? Well, what brand of beer are you considering to order? Do you feel a Chinese brand beer will ...more
- Our contributor, Mr. Seokbum Kim, is having a photo exhibition at the Hanwon Museum of Art between December 14 (Sunday), 2014 until January 16 (Friday), 2015. Below is a selection of his ...more
- The beauty of East Asia comes alive when visiting Seonunsa --- a Buddhist temple located in the Jeollabuk (North Jeolla) Province of South Korea. This temple - its name is Seonunsa - ...more
- Foreigners using Chinese names is a custom dating back to the Tang Dynasty. We do it for the same reasons some Chinese use English names overseas — they’re easier for ...more
- The beauty of Korea (located along the north-eastern coast of the Asiatic continent) had once been compared with that of New Brunswick, Nova Scotia and New England which collectively make ...more
- The wind and flowers of autumn take us back to a wonderful time in the past. The gentle breeze blows through the wild flowers and blue sky with colorful memories. ...more
© 2015 Kievalo CorporationAll rights reserved